Sunday, June 17, 2007

Real Estate Lingo

While having my Davidoff coffee (thank you Mylene, my sister in law), I chanced upon this short article at 1 of the leading RE mag. I'd like to share them as I learned some new lingo. Being a new RE consultant (just finished my 2 week intensive training at Brittany and just got my id too :) ), here are some lingo that I (and maybe you too) need to be comfortable with;
  1. Duplex - In Filipino context, a house that is divided into two separate residences, but is sharing the same structure.
  2. High rise condo - A residential building that is 12 storeys high or more (like that of Brittany's Mosaic in Greenbelt and Avant at the Fort).
  3. Loft - A condominium unit with a double-height ceiling, occasionally with space for a second level (La Marea, Mosaic and Avant condos usually have loft units)
  4. Mixed use condo - A residential building that is mixed with commercial establishments on other floors, these can be shops, restos, office spaces or a combination of all three (again Mosaic and Avant Brittany condos are a great example of this)
  5. Model unit - A decorated interior space that approximates the size and shows the amenities of the actual residential unit for sale (Brittany's Portofino, Georgia Club and Crosswinds have some of the best model units ready for viewing at Alabang, Sta Rosa and Tagaytay respectively).
Hopefully, with the items above you have learned some basic RE lingos - go ahead and use them!

No comments: